When it comes to wedding skincare and beauty prep, there’s no such thing as starting too soon!
We asked Kelly Hooper, skin expert and make-up artist, for her advice on how to get your skin glowing for the big day. Read her top tips on how to guarantee that bridal glow:
1. Start early If you really want to get your skin in top form, we recommended you start a tailored skincare routine about a year in advance. It's OK if you don't have that long before the wedding day - just adopt good skincare habits and a tailored regime as soon as possible.
2. Skin consultation The key to using the right products and getting the right skin advice for you begins with an in-depth consultation. Dermalogica’s revolutionary Face Mapping skin analysis technique provides insight into your skin’s past and present, and allows the prescription of a targeted home care regime for a healthy skin future. It also eliminates the guesswork when selecting products for results on your skin. Skin consultations are free at The Barn.
3. Schedule professional facials A monthly facial will really refresh your skin. We recommend the Super Charged Skin Treatment. This is the ultimate in skin treatment, combining combining advanced Dermalogica products and bio-therapeutics such as microcurrent, wet/dry microdermabrasion, micro-penetration and LED light therapy. It’s a non-invasive skin treatment that will leave you with the most dramatic results. Only available at The Barn.
4. Clean your face properly It’s not rocket science, but many women get it wrong. They use flannels or muslin cloths, both of which can harbour bacteria. Instead, use just your hands or a sponge. Soap-free Dermalogica Cleansers lift impurities and address skin issues. Thorough cleansing is the most critical step in a successful at-home regimen. Every Dermalogica Cleanser is pH-balanced to protect the skin's natural moisture barrier; it’s the ultimate start to your healthy skin regimen. Buy here.
5. Deep clean with a mask “The right face mask can help hydrate skin, remove excess oils and help improve the appearance of your pores. They're also an excellent way to help pull out impurities” says Kelly. We recommend the [comfort zone] Hydramemory Mask which immediately hydrates and plumps the skin.
6. Eye-do No one wants bags on their big day. Kelly’s favourite under-eye product is the [comfort zone] Hydramemory Eye Gel, which provides relief to tired eyes with puffiness and dark circles. It instantly brightens tired eyes, leaving skin feeing plumper and super hydrated!
7. Hydration is key Kelly says: “Hydration is essential for keeping our skin’s elasticity, and for healthy-looking, glowing skin.” Dehydration in the skin weakens its defence and creates skin sensitivity, irritation, and premature ageing. “Look for a moisturiser that caters to your skin concerns. Ingredients such as hyaluronic acid help your skin maintain water” says Kelly. A thorough skin analysis will help you choose the right moisturiser for your skin type.
8. Pucker up Your lips probably have the most important role of the day between the big kiss and all that smiling. “We recommend the [comfort zone] Skin Regimen Juvenate Lip Balm” says Kelly. “It’s an intensive nourishing lip treatment, with hyaluronic acid and chia seed oil which will keep your lips hydrated and protected all day.” Regular use of this anti-ageing balm will get your pout ready for the spotlight. Available at The Barn.
9. Clean your make-up brushes! Every time you swipe a brush across your skin, you could be adding a layer of bacteria, dust and dirt to your skin. “We recommend the Mii Cosmetics Cleanse and Condition Brush Balm - a deep-cleansing treat for hard-working brushes which is super easy to use!” says Kelly. The balm contains coconut oil to dissolve makeup and Shea butter to keep brush hairs beautifully soft. Available at the Barn.
10. Get glowing “Sexy, sun-kissed skin is always in style - and looks amazing against a white dress!” says Kelly. Book yourself in for a pre-wedding Vita Liberata tan with exfoliation. Vita Liberata products are non-toxic, odourless, organic, paraben-free and bursting with natural extracts like hyaluron, pomegranate, yam and gingko biloba, designed to moisturise and hydrate the skin. This tan will last 7-10 days. Available at The Barn.
Ready to start your bridal beauty routine? Call us to book your free skin consultation.